Tuesday, July 12, 2016

the girl from the video game ( translation Sivaji Banerjee)

I am a Japanese doll, beeswax smooth, top to toe
I am 3D, rotate yourself while staring.
My following is a function of time.
A rare habit you may say.

Fluidity hugs my thin sharp lips
I enter your heart in the speed of mind.
My exit is a pierce-through,
resting on your exhaustion.
Only a hole remains
And the obnoxious smell of charred flesh.

 I am a mere stupid doll
 Oh no, a perplexed cartoon.
 Like a bubble, I traverse lightly
 Full blossomed  and eyes shut wide.
 Dew faced, but in smart terror
 My body exuberates a  rubbery sexiness.
 Every time, with  lesser effort.
 I am programmed so!


I arrive dressed stellar at your screen step
  Play with your triviality, nurture it a lot
  Or at times, pin the balloon in you to a rubbery pulp
  I am seduction-happy, a strength
to surrender by
 
 lightly arrived wind blowing though the bamboo chime,
Or  floating cherry blossoms

Extremely perturbed I am, in utter disgrace
  I deface every petal but in hatred.


You bring
  Your troubles
  To kill my soul.
  The game discharges the battery cell.
  Countdown begins.
  In a final attempt,
You speed up the game
  And so does the score.

Depressed I am, but the killer speed
  Shows my mind, how worn it is.



Translation by Shivaji Banerjee

No comments:

Post a Comment